At GhanaBusiness.Net, we are 100% committed to making sure that your experience on our site is as safe as possible. Here you can find advice on how to stay safe while trading on GhanaBusiness.Net.
- Meet seller at a public place.
- Check the item before you buy.
- Pay only after collecting the item.
Be careful with job offers
Double check company’s background and look through its website before going for an interview. Do not submit any upfront fees for a job application. Do not go to the remote or unfamiliar places for an interview. Do not disclose any personal information like bank account number or your photo copy ID.
Use common sense
Avoid anything that appears too good to be true, such as unrealistically low prices and promises of quick money.
Never give out your financial information
Including bank account details, mobile money info and any other information that could be misused.
Scams and frauds to watch out for:
- Fake payment services. GhanaBusiness.Net does not offer any payment scheme in purchases. Please, report users claiming to offer such services
- Fake fee requests. Avoid anyone who asks for extra fees to buy or sell an item or service. GhanaBusiness.Net never requests payments for its basic services and does not allow items that are not located in Ghana, so import and brokerage fees should never be required.
- Requests to use money transfer services. Services such as Western Union or MoneyGram are not meant for transactions between strangers and many scams are run through them. Avoid such requests.