MTN Call Barring: How To Activate And Deactivate | *31#. Call barring may be used by individuals seeking to only make outgoing calls on their phones without receiving calls or people looking to prevent some individuals from ever reaching them via calls.
MTN Call Barring:
The service is available on all SIM Cards but require activation before it could work.
In this article, we shall look at how to activate and deactivate the call barring service on your MTN Simcard.
In this Article:
MTN Call Barring: How To Activate Call Barring On Your MTN Simcard
To barr all calls on your device, it is very easy.
Dial *31# and instantly you’ll receive feedback confirming that your line has been restricted for making and receiving calls.
How To Deactivate Call Barring On Your MTN SimCard
If you wish to undo the restriction on your line, you can dial #31# to undo the earlier restriction.
Once you undo the restrictions, you can make and receive all forms of calls on your device again.
MTN Call Barring: How To Activate Call Barring On Your Phone
Aside from using the shortcode to activate call barring on your MTN Simcard, you can also activate the feature by browsing through various menus on your phone. This is usually used when the shortcode fails to work for you.
- How To Make Free Calls On MTN Ghana For 6 Months (15.7)
- How To Know If Someone Has Accessed Your Facebook Account (11.3)
- How to become a real estate agent (5.3)
- MTN Ghana Mobile Money: Everything You Need To Know! [MUST READ] (5.3)
- How To Apply For Tax Identification Number (TIN) Online In Ghana (5.3)
- How to catch a cheater with Spy apps on android devices (4.3)
- Vodafone Made For Me (Made4Me): Bundle Code, Offer and Price (4.3)
- How To Backup Your WhatsApp Chats To Google Drive (4.3)
- Understanding the African Continental Free Trade Area -AfCFTA (for Dummies Version) (4.3)
- How To Check Your Vodafone Number On Phone [EASY GUIDE] (4.3)
- Go to your dialed calls
- Go to call settings
- Select the simcard
- Go to Call Barring
- Select the kind of calls you want to barr
- If asked for code, Dial 0000
- You’ll get notified that your calls have been barred.
How To Bar/Stop Incoming Calls Only
If you wish to prevent people from calling you and make sure that only you can call other people, then you may be considering Barring your incoming calls.
If that is what you’re looking at, then this heading is for you. Do well to read everything here.
- Go to your call logs.
- Go to call settings.
- Select your simcard
- Go to call divert
- Select ‘Divert All Voice Calls’
- Select ‘Activate’
- Select ‘To New Number’
- Enter a non-existing phone number. example: 054000002000
- Select ‘Okay’
All your incoming calls would stop coming through right after activating the step.
Call barring services are okay for individuals hoping to use their devices without any distractions from voice calls. Especially those seeking to use their phones and sim cards for browsing and internet-related activities only.
Once activated, your calls stop coming through or going out except you deactivate the option again.
It is important that you are sure of what you want before you try to activate the call barring feature on your device.