Front end developer job description. All thanks to the emerging innovations in the 21st century, professionals in the technology space are now big players in the advancement of businesses, world economies and are creating better alternatives to operating procedures across all sectors.
Front End Developer Job Description
There seems to be an increase in the demand for UI/UX designers, Frontend developers, Backend developers or Full stack developers in various organisations and startups looking to improve their efficiency and digital presence. This Article would further explain the job description and responsibilities of frontend developers in any organisation they work with.
Read Also; Top 10 Highest Paying IT certifications in 2020
Job Profile For Frontend Developers
While reading this article or as you navigate your way through our website, there is a specific layout, colour, font type and navigation toolbar specific to our website. All these and more were implemented by the frontend developer.
Frontend developers are required to work closely with the prototype designed by UI/UX designers for implementation, but in some cases, there are people who are great at both design and frontend development.
Most developers can either work from home or in their office space depending on the type of agreement they have with their employer. Starting a career as a developer is a good fit for you if you love coding and would like to help with implementing designs within the tech ecosystem.
- Best Careers If You Have No Education (3.8)
- 15 Best Highest Paying Jobs In Georgia (3.8)
- How to Take and Choose a Professional Photo for LinkedIn (3.2)
- List of Questions Asked on a Job Application (3.2)
- 6 Best Ways to Market Yourself and Get Hired (3.2)
Some of the software tools used by frontend developers include;
- Twitter Bootstrap
- Chrome developer tools
- Responsive design
Job Description For Frontend Developers
As a frontend developer, your daily activities would involve;
- Work with clients preference and enquiries to develop the look and design of their website
- Write website code with programming languages such as HTML, C++ and Java
- Produce or maintaining websites and also exploring more options for user interfaces
- Incorporating special features into the website and mobile applications upon client request
- Creating tools that improve user experience on the website
- Testing for various issues that may arise from using the website on either mobile phone or laptop
- Fixing website issues or bugs that may arise
What Skill Should I Have As A Frontend Developer?
Some of the relevant skills for a successful career as a UI/UX Designer includes;
- Portfolio of previous work done for both web and mobile platforms.
- Creativity and Great attention to details
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Decision-making skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Knowledge of tools used in frontend development such as; Angular.js, HTML/CSS e.t.c
- Good presentation and time management skills
- Ability to test and debug
Where Can I Work As A Frontend Developer?
Some of the organisations where you would work as a frontend developer includes;
- Advertising agencies
- Media Organisations
- Private companies
- Manufacturing Industries
- Government Agencies
- Hospitality Industries
- Design Companies
- Financial Institutions
- Educational Institutions
- Freelancer on freelancing websites
What Steps Can I Take To Become A Frontend Developer?
People who have degrees in computer science or Computer engineering may find it easy to start their career as frontend developers as they have been taught some basics during the bachelor’s program, there are many self-taught developers taking up jobs with good positions and awesome pay.
What helps most individuals is their ability to show a detailed portfolio which shows their creativity and coding skills. One should also be able to demonstrate a good knowledge of frontend development tools and knowledge of user experience to prospective employers.